ladle cup cake (eggless)
Necessity is the mother of inventions… Any gender bias here?? But that doesn’t matter – as inventions in Indian kitchens can be attributed to mothers – mostly. So, when the urge to create something quick to be consumed quick, without left overs to cling on to the waist or bulging tummy -this ladle cake came up.
It’s certainly not my invention, it’s just a discovery and learning from various other bloggers who have done easy microwave mug cakes and brownies. I’ve followed their expertise with the slightest changes according to my needs and my family’s. As I don’t believe in microwave cooking, I opted for oven baking, to make just 6 quick cup cakes with minimum work load, no eggs and no butter too. As usual all my cakes are whole wheat cakes and this one too is.
Why I call this Ladle Cake is that the measurement used here for the basic ingredients is a ladle. Quick, easy, minimal effort and no left overs is a boon for those days of unsustainable sweet craving.
Ladle Cup Cake (whole wheat, eggless, butterless)
the ladle I used
Ingredients (makes 6-7 cup cakes or a small cake))
- whole wheat flour – 3 ladles
- Sugar (I used unrefined cane sugar) – 2 ladles
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 ladles
- Thick yogurt – 1 1/2 ladles
- Cocoa powder – 1 ladle
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Water – enough to make right consistency of the batter – 3 ladles appr.
- Choco chip – 2 tsp (optional)
Method of Preparation
- In a bowl, start by mixing sugar and yoghurt
- Mix olive oil to sugar and yoghurt
- Mix 2 ladles of wheat flour little by little
4. Add little water to make the batter thinner to accommodate the other ladle of flour
5. To the other one ladle of flour, add baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder- and mix to the batter
6. Add more water to bring batter to consistency
7. Mix the chocolate chip at the end if using. Choco chips give a moisturous texture to the cake.
8. Pour batter into greased cup cake moulds or non-greased cup cake paper moulds.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 15-20 minutes, till a tooth pick comes out clean.
10.Sprinkle powdered sugar and enjoy.