The next thuvayal/chutney is a combination of – coconut, green chillies, coriander and ginger, with the goodness of gooseberry.
Like the previous coconut gooseberry chutney, this one is also a NO FRY dip. This easy to make Thuvayal, goes fresh into the blender and comes fresh to your plate.
Nellikkai Malli Thuvayal/ Gooseberry Coriander Chutney
Ingredients (serves 4)
- periya nellikkai/gooseberry (bigger variety) – 3 no.s chopped
- thengai/coconut – 1/2 finely chopped
- pachchai milagai/green chillies- 6/7 as preferred
- inji/ginger – 1/2 inch diced ginger
- malli ilai/coriander leaves – a bunch (appr. 100gms)
- uppu/salt – to taste
Method of Preparation
- Clean the coriander well
- Chop all ingredients for easy grinding in the blender
- Add salt and water and blend to a smooth paste
- This thuvayal too doesn’t need thaalippu or seasoning with oil and mustard seeds like other chutneys. Still if one prefers, go ahead.
- One can even substitute the ginger with fresh garlic- That tastes awesome but don’t forget to brush your teeth or use a mouth freshener while talking to people.
For a tangier dip, add gooseberries; adjust green chillies as per family preference.