After a vegetarian pizza, let’s try a Fish Pizza. This is how I made it.
Whole Wheat Fish Pizza
Ingredients (for 2 medium pizzas)
- fish fillet – 1/2 a kilo appr.
- button mushroom – 200 gms (halved)
- frozen corn – 1/2 cup
- shredded mozzarella cheese – 300 gms appr. (more or less)
- cut green chillies or thai red chillies – for a spicy treat (optional)
The quantity of each ingredient can be altered according to family preferences. Also, insead of fish, one can use chicken, prawns or any meat of choice.
Method of Preparation
Keeping things ready–
- Clean and cube fish fillet.
- To make fish flavorful, marinate the cubes in soya sauce, tomato sauce and red chilli sauce for an hour or any masala of choice
- Pan fry them in minimal oil. Set aside
4. Blanch the mushrooms. i.e. Pour hot water over halved mushrooms and close with lid. Leave this for 1/2 an hour. Mushrooms would be cooked
5. Run water over frozen corn until thawed. Or, keep frozen corn soaked in water for a few minutes. Drain well without water
Creating your Pizza –
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Or grease a plate that can go straight into the oven
- Place the pre-cooked pizza base on the baking tray and spread enough pizza sauce
3. Arrange corn, fish and mushroom to cover the base
4. Add cut green or red chillies for that extra spice, that’s completely optional
5. Sprinkle cheese on top
6. Get ready to bake.
Pizza in the oven-
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degree centigrade.
- Reduce the temperature to 200-210 degrees Centigrade before baking
- Since I have a Gas Oven, the burner makes the baked dishes cook faster, at the same time there is this risk of burning the goodies in a giffy. That’s why I am cautious about mentioning exact temperatures. Set temperatures according to your oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
Pizza would be done in 10-15 minutes.